Come and have a go at a range of activities and sports including wheelchair basketball, sitting volleyball, boccia and even New Age Kurling. Taking place from 1.30-6.30pm, there will be an incredible line up of Deaf and disability arts. With street theatre, circus acts, live music, art, dance, food stalls and more!
For an even bigger day out, grab a ticket to the World Para Athletics Championships London 2017, taking place in the London Stadium at the park from 14-23 July! You can plan your journey to the Park by checking out our Getting Here page.
Highlights on the day include:
- ILL-Abilities - an international group comprised of B-boys that have overcome extraordinary challenges to become some of the best dancers in the world.
- Deaf Men Dancing - a collaboration of professional male deaf dancers who have created and developed a fusion of different styles of dance with sign-language incorporated into choreography.
- Signmark - a Finnish Deaf rapper.
- Calliper Kid Totem- Digital artist, Jason Wilsher Mills, will present a new 3D printed sculpture and associated virtual reality installations, recently commissioned as part of the 2017 Disability Innovation Summit.
- WAC Arts - Young people from WAC Arts present a fantastic dance performance accompanied by digital orchestra.
- Admiral Pullen's Party - This large scale celebratory arts project created by Vital Xposure recalls the story of historic figure, John Henry Pullen, with workshops, a performance and a parade featuring a giant John Henry Pullen puppet.
- Planted Symphony - Drake Music and Arts and Gardens will perform with two musicians in character who bring the garden to life with music!
- 2 Decks - This hip-hop/rock crossover band have taken the UK learning disability music scene by storm! All of the members have a learning disability and are keen to prove that this represents little barrier when it comes to rocking out and showing the crowd a good time.
The Park has been designed to be as accessible and inclusive as possible, offering good step-free access, hard-standing surfaces and regular seating. A small number of Blue badge parking spaces are available on the day at the Multi Storey Car Park - pre-booking is strongly advised! Please call 0800 0722 110 10 or send an email to book your space. A mobility shuttle bus service and drop off point is available on the day - for more information, please download the accessibility information pack in the link below.
Please note, due to increased footfall and additional security measures on the park for the World Para Athletics Championships, there will be no Park Mobility buggy service on Saturday 15 July. Additional mobility scooters and wheelchairs will be available for Liberty Festival visitors at both the Park Information Point and mobility shuttle bus stop near to the Liberty Festival site.
Liberty Festival is presented by the Mayor of London and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.