Local Plan 2015
This version of the Plan has now been superseded by the Local Plan 2020 - 2026.
The Legacy Corporation has a legal duty, as the Local Planning Authority for its area, to prepare and adopt a Local Plan for its area and once this has been adopted, to monitor its performance and over time review it.
The Local Plan was adopted by the Legacy Corporation Board on 21 July 2015 following an Examination held by an independent Planning Inspector. It is now the formal Local Plan for the Legacy Corporation area and has taken the place of the borough Core Strategies and Area Action Plans which previously performed this role.
The Local Plan and its accompanying Policies Map, together with the Local Plan Adoption Statement and other associated documents, can viewed and/or downloaded using the links below:
- Legacy Development Corporation Local Plan 2015-2031, adopted July 2015 - Please Note - This document may take some time to open and/or download on older computers or slow internet connections. A copy of the plan split into sections is available below.
- Local Plan Policies Map
- Local Plan Adoption Statement
- SA Adoption Statement
- Inspector's Report
Local Plan Sections:
- 1. Cover, Contents & Foreword
- 2. Section 1 - Introduction
- 3. Section 2 - Our Area
- 4. Section 3 - Vision and Objectives
- 5. Section 4 - Developing Business Growth, Jobs, Higher Education and Training
- 6. Section 5 - Providing Housing and Neighbourhoods
- 7. Section 6 - Creating a High Quality Built and Natural Environment
- 8. Section 7 - Securing the Infrastructure to Support Growth
- 9. Section 8 - Creating a Sustainable Place to Live and Work
- 10. Section 9 - The Local Plan Sub Areas
- 11. Section 10 - Sub Area 1 - Hackney Wick and Fish Island
- 12. Section 11 - Sub Area 2 - North Stratford and Eton Manor
- 13. Section 12 - Sub Area 3 - Central Stratford and Southern Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 14. Section 13 - Sub area 4 - Bromley-by-Bow, Pudding Mill, Sugar House Land and Mill Meads
- 15. Section 14 - Delivery and Implementation
- 16. Appendices
The Local Plan includes:
- An outline of the key issues facing the area.
- Our vision for how the area should look in 2031.
- Strategic policies setting the direction of future growth in the area, and covering issues like housing and transport.
- Detailed policies used in deciding planning applications, such as design and affordable housing requirements.
- ‘Place-based policies’ which describe how key locations are expected to change over time, divided into four sub areas: Hackney Wick and Fish Island, North Stratford and Eton Manor, Central Stratford and the south of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, and Pudding Mill, Bromley-by-Bow and Mill Meads.
- Details of how we will implement these policies.
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) sets out the government's planning policies and how these are expected to be applied, whereas the London Plan sets out an integrated economic, environmental, transport and social framework for the development of London over the next 20 - 25 years. Together, these documents form part of the Development Plan for the Legacy Corporation Area.
How to obtain copies of the Local Plan & Policies Map
Copies of the Local Plan and Policies Map are available for inspection at the Legacy Corporation's Office at:
Planning Policy and Decisions Team
London Legacy Development Corporation
5 Endeavour Square
For Local residents, local community groups and local businesses one copy of the Local Plan (including Policies Map) can be requested free of charge.
In all other circumstances there will be a charge of £25.00 plus £6.00 postage and packaging. A copy of the Policies Map only can be obtained for £5.00 (This includes postage and packaging). Payment will be required by cheque in advance.
To request a copy of the Local Plan please complete the appropriate sections of the Local Plan & Policies Map Request Form (links provided below) and where relevant enclose payment.
Local Plan & Policies Map Request Form (Word Version)
Copies of the Local Plan can also be collected in person upon provision of the form and any relevant payment.
Examination of the Legacy Corporation Local Plan
Before being adopted, the Local Plan was examined by an independent Planning Inspector. The Local Plan Examination Archive Page includes the documents that form the Local Plan Evidence Base and all other documents that formed part of the Examination process.
Earlier material that formed a part of the Local Plan process can be found at the Local Plan Publication Stage Consultation Archive. This includes all the information from the Publication stage consultation in the summer of 2014.