The Park and venues are often very busy during the summer months, with a huge programme of events and activities, as well as people enjoying the playgrounds and Parkland, so it’s always good to check our website for details of what’s happening when and where, and for details of closures of outdoor spaces, paths, roads or venues.
The best areas for picnics are the north areas of the Park and the South Park Lawn. We do encourage people with picnics of 10 or more to go to these areas as there is more space. In order that all our visitors can enjoy the Fountains, the South Park Plaza and the Beach, we encourage you to picnic away from these areas.
If you want to hold a bigger picnic of more than 30 people, reserve a separate area, put up structures, host a small event, or would like to book an area of the Park, you must contact the Events team to discuss locations, terms and conditions: [email protected]. For any activity which would restrict access to other Park users, you must gain permission from the Events team first.
You can find more information about staging an event of any size at the Park here: http://queenelizabetholympicPark.co.uk/work-with-us/stage-an-event
Please also see the guidance notes below that apply to organised events as well as general picnickers.
For general picnicking – here are our guidance notes.
These guidelines also reflect our bylaws which can be found here.
The Park is a very beautiful place with a rich variety of plants and wildlife. We aim to keep the Park so it is enjoyed by everyone; here are some simple guidelines:
- Please take your litter home with you or use the bins provided.
- No gazebos, tents, large parasols or umbrellas or any other structures. You are not allowed to stake equipment into the Park without a permit.
- If hosting a charity picnic, you will need permission. You will not be allowed to collect or solicit for money or display branding or banners without formal approval.
- Likewise no corporate or commercial advertising, banners or flyering is permitted. If this is a staff picnic you are not allowed to display any corporate banners.
- No cooking, barbeques or fires on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Responsible drinking you may bring alcoholic drinks to the Park, but they should only be for you or your guests. You may not sell alcohol on the Park and we do not tolerate alcohol related anti-social behavior.
- Please use plastic. Broken glass is a hazard to public and wildlife alike.
- Smoking – We don’t restrict smoking on the Park, but please be mindful of others enjoyment of the open spaces and take your rubbish with you
- Playing ball games – please read byelaws and play sports activities in the more open spaces. Please also check out our website for the variety of sporting activity you can engage with as part of the Active People Active Park programme.
- Playing music – please be considerate of other Park users.
- Balloons - If you are bringing balloons into the Park, please do not release them as they are a hazard to wildlife. Mass balloon releases are not permitted in the Park.