We’re delighted to be welcoming back visitors to the ArcelorMittal Orbit! The venue isopen Friday – Monday each week. Tickets are limited so we recommend you pre-book before travelling. Visitor safety is our top priority, so we’ve put in place the following measures to make the venue COVID-secure:
- All visitors must wear a face covering to ride The Slide. Masks are available to buy if you do not have one.
- There's a non-invasive temperature check for all visitors on arrival
- The lift to the viewing platforms is restricted to each visiting party
- There is a one-way system in place to maximise social distancing
- The entire venue is deep-cleaned every night, with ‘high-touch’ areas being cleaned throughout the day
- The Slide protective equipment, such as the helmet and elbow pads, is sanitised between each use
- There are hand sanitiser stations throughout the venue. You will need to sanitise your hands before sliding.
London’s most exciting attraction, The Slide at the ArcelorMittal Orbit opened in June 2016 and visitors have been snapping up tickets to experience the truly hair-raising experience! Measuring 178m, The Slide is the world’s tallest and longest tunnel slide.
You will travel down the UK’s tallest public artwork through light and dark sections as London’s dramatic skyscape passes by. The Slide twists and turns 12 times, including a tight corkscrew section named the ‘bettfeder’ – after the German word for ‘bedspring.’ The Slide ends with a 50 metre straight run to the ground. In the exhilarating 40-second trip, riders are expected to hit speeds of up to 15 miles per hour!
And that’s not all! Stand on top of the world at the ArcelorMittal Orbit and take in London’s stunning skyline – spot famous landmarks and use the interactive screens to find out more about them. Turn the world upside down with Anish Kapoor’s spectacular mirrors and peek into the majestic London Stadium – the place where medals were won and lost in 2012. All included in your ticket price!