Last updated: Friday 16 October at 4:00pm
The Park is open to visitors, with the parklands and canal paths still accessible to all, seven days a week.
London's parks are important at this time to give people the space they need to exercise and socialise with loved ones. The acres of open space are ideal for keeping active in the fresh air, whilst enjoying nature and the iconic surroundings.
Gatherings of up to a maximum of six people are permitted, however Park users must follow social distancing guidelines to keep everyone safe. Please keep at least 1m apart at all times, and 2m where possible.
The safety of our visitors is our top priority. Therefore barbecues are not allowed at the Park due to the fire hazard. Please also keep dogs on a lead.
More information about the facilities and venues on the Park can be found below:
- The ArcelorMittal Orbit is currently open Friday – Monday. It will be open all week for October half-term (24 Oct – 1 Nov). You can pre-book your tickets to ride the world's longest tunnel slide now!
- The London Aquatics Centre and the Copper Box Arena are open with increased safety measures in place and sessions must be pre-booked. Lee Valley VeloPark and Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre are partially open and must be pre-booked. Please visit the venues' websites for the latest information. To get in contact with the venues directly, you can find details here.
- A lot of the restaurants and cafés on and around the Park are open, however eating-in can only be done with those within your household or support bubble. Many restaurants also offer a takeaway service. Please check directly with the restaurant before travelling. In line with the latest Government guidelines, all restaurants and bars will close at 10pm at the latest.
- The Last Drop café is open daily 11am – 6pm.
- Toilets are open 11am – 6pm and are located at The Podium near the ArcelorMittal Orbit and at the Timber Lodge. Please see a map here. There is an increased cleaning regime in place to ensure visitors are as safe as possible.
- The Pleasure Gardens play areas in the south of the Park are open (with some areas closed off) and Tumbling Bay Playground in the north is partially open. There is clear signage telling users to take precautions. The Waterworks Fountains in the south of the Park are switched off.
- The outdoor gyms at the Park are opened.
- Our Security team are continually monitoring the Park – if you need to get in contact to report an incident, please call 0300 2012 121.
- Please check our What’s On page for the latest events information.
Read more about why parks are so important during these challenging times in our interview with Executive Director of Park Operations and Venues, Mark Camley.
Here are some ways that you can help us to keep the Park as safe as possible:
- Maintain social distancing at all times – at least 1m, 2m where possible.
- Do not gather in groups of more than six people.
- Take any litter home with you – this reduces the need for frequent refuse collection and keeps our Park clean and tidy.
- Do not bring a barbecue.
- Keep your dog on a lead.
- Car parking is very limited around the Park, so we encourage visitors to walk or cycle to the Park.
You can follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to keep up-to-date with the latest information.