We have a whole host of great things for you and dad to get involved in this Sunday and to make organising it a little easier we have compiled our top 5 things to do on the Park this Father’s Day. Don’t forget, the Park is free to enter!
1. Grab your family and picnic rug and head down to The Great Get Together. From 12 – 6pm the north Park will be home to an exciting array of dance and music performances, delicious food stalls and have-a-go sports. A free event for the whole family you will not want to miss the electric atmosphere.
2. What better way to say I love you than pushing dad down the world’s longest and tallest tunnel slide. Ride the Slide at the ArcelorMittal Orbit this Father’s day to make sure it’s one with a twist, 12 of them in fact, along with turns and drops along the 178m Slide where you’ll reach speeds of up to 15mph. Why not take on the hair-raising ride yourself and challenge dad to see who screams the most, tickets are available here but be quick because they will sell out!
3. It’s set to be a scorcher this Sunday, spend some quality time strolling in the sun through the beautiful parklands. Whether your dad is an athletics fanatic, a green fingered gardener or art buff we have a host of trails for you to discover and enjoy. With over 500 acres of Parklands for you to explore you are sure to find the perfect spot to relax. You can view all of our trails here.
4. Pause for a bite to eat and drink at the Timber Lodge Café. Give dad time to relax as the kids blow off steam in Tumbling Bay Playground. If you’re in the south Park, The Last Drop is the place to be, with a wonderful selection of locally sourced food and drinks served in both of the cafes you will be spoilt for choice. For a drink with a view head over to Canalside at Here East and discover the boutique restaurants and bars, all from the comfort of a deck chair.
5. There are a limited number of tickets available for concerts that are sure to get London Stadium rocking this summer. Take your dad back to his youth as 1980’s rock legends Guns N'Roses grace the stage on the 16 and 17 June. If your dad was more of a Rock DJ, Robbie Williams will be performing for his only date in the capital on the 23 June. If music is not his thing, you can also pick up a gift voucher for one of our other iconic venues on the Park, from a taster session at the Lee Valley VeloPark to a trip to the ArcelorMittal Orbit.