Building on the previous year's of success, this is the perfect opportunity to join your neighbours, friends and family for a huge picnic to kick start a fantastic summer at the Park. The Great Get Together at the Park forms part of a nationwide event in partnership with the Jo Cox Foundation to bring communities together to celebrate connections and commonality.
Come to the Park between 12noon - 6pm and celebrate London’s diverse communities. Expect music and dance from around the world, along with a variety of family-friendly activities, including:
- Colourful performances from the London School of Samba
- Sadler’s Wells presents Tavaziva performing IZINDAVA and Casson and Friends: The Dance We Made
- Hip Hop Dance and Rap performances from Breakin’ Convention at Sadler’s Wells
- The Chobham Academy Band
- Open mic sessions and musical performances throughout the day
- Story-telling with the Discover Children's Story Centre, including author Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler
- Have-a-go sports
- Flag making
- Arts and crafts
- Free face painting
We will be joined by some of your favourite food stalls throughout the day too, including:
- Nonno Luigi Pizza - Italian
- Pattie and Juice - Caribbean
- The Bean Bike - Drinks
You can plan your journey to the Park by checking out our getting here page. Park volunteers and plenty of signage will be available on the day to direct you to the north of the Park where the event is taking place!
More information and the full event programme is now available.