The Legacy Corporation Local Plan was adopted in 2015 and is the statutory Local Plan for the area. To ensure that it remains up-to-date, the Legacy Corporation has initiated the formal process of reviewing the Local Plan to respond to new evidence that is being prepared on key matters, as well as the changes that have occurred at local, London and national level.
Review of the Legacy Corporation Local Plan – Regulation 19 Consultation on the Publication draft Revised Local Plan
The Legacy Corporation has prepared and published the Revised draft Local Plan (Publication Draft) (“Revised Local Plan”) for consultation under Regulation 19 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 as amended. The consultation on the Revised Local Plan runs from Monday 5 November 2018 to 5pm on Monday 17 December 2018. At this stage we are inviting views on whether you consider that the Revised Local Plan is legally compliant, complies with the duty to cooperate, and is sound. Following this consultation, the Local Plan will be submitted to the Secretary of State for an Independent Examination.
The Legacy Corporation is also consulting on a revised Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedule at the same time. You can view the proposed Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule and a separate response form HERE.
The changes that are proposed to the Local Plan are set out in the ‘Local Plan Schedule of Changes’ document. Your views are being sought on the changes identified within this document, each of which has been given a Change Reference Number. You can see and/or download this document here:
- 1. Schedule of Changes - Section 1 - Introduction
- 2. Schedule of Changes -Section 2 - Our Area
- 3. Schedule of Changes -Section 3 - Vision and Objectives
- 4. Schedule of Changes -Section 4 - Developing Business Growth, Jobs, Higher Education and Training
- 5. Schedule of Changes -Section 5 - Providing Housing and Neighbourhoods
- 6. Schedule of Changes -Section 6 - Creating a High Quality Built and Natural Environment
- 7. Schedule of Changes -Section 7 - Securing Infrastructure to Support Growth
- 8. Schedule of Changes -Section 8 - Creating a Sustainable Place to Live and Work
- 9. Schedule of Changes -Section 10 - Sub Area 1 - Hackney Wick and Fish Island
- 10. Schedule of Changes -Section 11 - Sub Area 2 - North Stratford and Eton Manor
- 11. Schedule of Changes -Section 12 - Sub Area 3 - Central Stratford and Southern Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 12. Schedule of Changes -Section 13 - Sub area 4 - Bromley-by-Bow, Pudding Mill, Sugar House Land and Mill Meads
- 13. Schedule of Changes -Section 14 - Delivery and Implementation
- 14. Schedule of Changes -Appendices
- 15. Policies Map Schedule of Proposed Changes
- 16. Revised Draft Polices Map
- 17. Schedule of Changes - Full
We have also prepared an Illustrative Revised draft Local Plan, this document shows the Plan as it would be if all of the proposed changes were made. You can see and/or download the document here:
- 1. Illustrative Revised Local Plan - Cover and Contents
- 2. Illustrative Revised Local Plan - Section 1 - Introduction
- 3. Illustrative Revised Local Plan -Section 2 - Our Area
- 4. Illustrative Revised Local Plan -Section 3 - Vision and Objectives
- 5. Illustrative Revised Local Plan -Section 4 - Developing Business Growth, Jobs, Higher Education and Training
- 6. Illustrative Revised Local Plan -Section 5 - Providing Housing and Neighbourhoods
- 7. Illustrative Revised Local Plan -Section 6 - Creating a High Quality Built and Natural Environment
- 8. Illustrative Revised Local Plan -Section 7 - Securing Infrastructure to Support Growth
- 9. Illustrative Revised Local Plan -Section 8 - Creating a Sustainable Place to Live and Work
- 10. Illustrative Revised Local Plan Section 9 - The Local Plan Sub Areas
- 11. Illustrative Revised Local Plan -Section 10 - Sub Area 1
- 12. Illustrative Revised Local Plan -Section 11 - Sub Area 2
- 13. Illustrative Revised Local Plan -Section 12 - Sub Area 3
- 14. Illustrative Revised Local Plan -Section 13 - Sub area 4
- 15. Illustrative Revised Local Plan -Section 14 - Delivery and Implementation
- 16. Illustrative Revised Local Plan -Appendices
- 17. Illustrative Revised Local Plan - Full
- IIA Non-technical summary
- Integrated Impact Assessment including Appropriate Assessment
- Consultation Report
- Local Plan Viability Study
How to make your representation
Your representation should consider whether the Revised Local Plan:
• is legally compliant
• meets the duty to cooperate
• is sound.
To find our more about this, please read the Guidance Note.
In responding to the Consultation, please refer your comments to each specific change that you wish to comment on as identified in the Local Plan Schedule of Changes Document.
Representations must be submitted during the 6-week consultation period (Monday 5th November to Monday 17th December 2018 by 5pm). To make a representation please use one of the following methods, providing your full name and contact details:
Online Consultation Portal: https://lldcplan.commonplace.is or
Complete the Representation Form- completed forms should be submitted via email or post to the following addresses:
• Post: Publication Local Plan Consultation, Planning Policy & Decisions Team, London Legacy Development Corporation, Level 10, 1 Stratford Place, Montfichet Road, London E20 1EJ; or
• Email: email@example.com
If possible, please use the Online Consultation Portal or submit the Representation Form by email, although hard copies will be accepted.
Copies of the Publication revised Local Plan and Reponse Forms can be found at the following locations:
• Legacy Corporation Office (at the reception desk), Level 10, 1 Stratford Place, Montfichet Road, Stratford, E20 1EJ (please telephone or email, using the contact information below, in advance to arrange your visit)
• Bromley by Bow Centre, St Leonard's St, Bromley By Bow, London E3 3BT
• Stratford Library, 3 The Grove, London E15 1EL
• Hub 67, 67 Rothbury Rd, London E9 5HA
As part of Regulation 19 Consultation we are holding four drop-in workshops where you can talk to the planning officers and find out more about how to respond to this consultation. Please click HERE to find out more about the consultation events.
Evidence Studies and Background Papers
A key element of the Local Plan review process is ensuring that the evidence on which its development strategy and policies are based is supported by robust and up to date.
The following evidence studies have been completed and can be viewed or download using the links below:
- Population Report: Profile & Forecasts (March 2018)
- Open Space and Playspace Assessment Report (March 2018)
- Combined Economy Study Part A(i) - Employment Land Review (March 2018)
- Combined Economy Study Part A (ii) - Business Survey (March 2018)
- Combined Economy Study Part B – Creative & Cultural Opportunities Assessment (March 2018)
- Combined Economy Study Part C – Retail & Town Centre Needs Assessment (March 2018)
- Housing Requirements Study (March 2018)
- Transport Study (June 2018)
- Employment Space Study (2015)
- LLDC Work Live study Part I
- LLDC Work Live study Part II
- Schools Study
- Flood risk study and addendum report
- Draft Characterisation Study (Pages 1 - 6)
- Draft Characterisation Study (Pages 7 - 18)
Technical Background Papers
- Housing Background Paper
- Economy Background Paper
- Built and Natural Environment Background Paper
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan
- Transport Background Paper
- Sites Report
- Duty to Cooperate Background Paper
- Statements of Common Ground
- Spatial Portrait Background Paper
What happens next
- Once the Regulation 19 consultation has ended, the Legacy Corporation will submit the Local Plan to the Secretary of State who will appoint an independent Examiner to undertake an Examination of the draft Revised Local Plan.
- We are also consulting on a revised CIL Charging Schedule and you can find the Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule and accompanying information here https://www.queenelizabetholympicpark.co.uk/planning-authority/planning-policy/community-infrastructure-levies. The draft Revised Local Plan and the revised CIL Charging schedule will be submitted to the Secretary of State at the same time and we anticipate that these will be examined at the same time.
- We anticipate that submission will take place in February or March 2019. You can tell us if you wish to be notified when this submission takes place and we will notify you at the time.
- If the revised Local Plan and the CIL Charging Schedule successfully complete their examination, it is anticipate that both would be adopted towards the end of 2019.
Should you wish to speak to a member of the Planning Policy Team about the Review of the Legacy Corporation Local Plan, then please contact us by email - firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone - 020 3288 1800
Statement of Community Involvement
The Legacy Corporation regularly consults with local people and organisations during the determination of planning applications and in the preparation of local planning policy documents which affect the area around the Park.
Details of how the Legacy Corporation engages with the local community and other key stakeholders is laid out in the Statement of Community Involvement which can be viewed and/or downloaded below:
Local Development Scheme (LDS)
Planning authorities are required to prepare a Local Development Scheme to set out its plans and timescales for preparing and reviewing its Local Plan. The Local Plan was adopted in July 2015 and the process of reviewing it began in 2017. The current LDS sets out the broad timescales for the review process and anticipates that this will result in the adoption of a revised Local Plan towards the end of 2019.
A copy of the current LDS can be viewed and/or downloaded below:
If you or your organisation would like to be included in future planning policy consultations, you can request that your details are added to the consultation list by completing and returning the form below to us. You can also use this form to amend or request that your details (or those of your organisation) are removed from the list:
- Policy Consultations - Contact Details Form (PDF version)
- Policy Consultations - Contact Details Form (Word version)
The completed form can be returned by email or post:
by email: email@example.com; or
London Legacy Development Corporation,
1 Stratford Place,
HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE USED
Due to the process of having an Independent Examination, the Legacy Corporation is required by law to make any information and/or responses publicly available and so they are not confidential. Names, company names and associated comments submitted as part of the formal consultation process (whether online, by email or in hard copy) will be made publicly available on the Council’s Consultation Portal. The Legacy Corporation may share your personal details and responses with their professional advisors involved with the Local Plan Review and also in due course with the Planning Inspectorate and other relevant authorities. Your personal details will be used solely in connection with the Local Plan Review process and Examination and except as set out above, the Legacy Corporation will not share personal information with other third parties or publish the personal information provided by you when completing this form.