Whatever your reason for running, we’ve created a running map to help you find the best possible route to train. With a 2K route and a 5K route across the north of the Park, you’re guaranteed to stay on track as you pass the Olympic Rings, Paralympic Agitos and iconic venues from the London 2012 Games. Keep your eyes peeled and look out for the motivational markers on the floor too!
More ways to train on the Park:
• Use the benches across the Park to complete step ups and triceps dips.
• Check out the Right Guard Aerocycle Gym in the south of the Park, next to the Pleasure Gardens Play Area.
• Look out for the body-weight machines by Mandeville Place.
• Use the long straight paths to practice short sprints.
• Practice your uphill running on the running routes – our favourite is the hill leading up from the waterways up to the Paralympic Agitos in the north of the Park.
• Strengthen your legs with body weight squats and lunges while taking in the view across the Park.
• Don’t forget to work on your core strength. Pick one of the many grassed areas to completes sets of sit ups and planks!
• Check out the gym facilities and world-class swimming pools with a membership to the London Aquatics Centre and Copper Box Arena.
Now, turn your training into reality – this season, there are numerous sports events for you to participate in! With opportunities to raise money for a charity close to your heart, challenge yourself for a new personal best or even pick up a new hobby, the Park is full of ideas for stepping up your fitness habits throughout spring. We even have the world-renowned Tough Mudder crew coming to the Park for the first time for an exhilarating 5K obstacle course!
Check out the upcoming events:
• RunThrough 5k and 10k – Sunday 29 April
• Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 10km series – Saturday 5 May
• Moore Family Fun Run – Monday 7 May
• Chase The Sun 5k and 10k – Wednesday 9 May
• The British Heart Foundation Run – Saturday 12 May
• Hackney Half Marathon – Sunday 20 May
• Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 10km series – Saturday 2 June
• East London Bubble Rush – Sunday 10 June
• Chase The Sun 5k and 10k – Wednesday 13 June
• London March For Men – Saturday 16 June