£45,759 per annum
This post can be offered as a 3 month full time post (37 hours per week) or 6 month part time (18.5 hours per week)
Formed in April 2012, the London Legacy Development Corporation’s purpose is to use the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of the London 2012 Games and the creation of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to develop a dynamic new heart for east London, creating opportunities for local people and driving innovation and growth in London and the UK.
The Legacy Corporation is responsible for delivering one of the most important Olympic legacy promises made in the original London 2012 Games bid. This pledge concerns the physical legacy of the Games – the long-term planning, development, management and maintenance of the Park and its impact on the surrounding area after the London 2012 Games. We are a Mayoral Development Corporation and therefore directly accountable to Londoners through the Mayor of London.
We are recruiting for a Strategy Manager to work full time on a 3 month contract, or part time for 6 months to provide support with the development of LLDC’s organisational strategy. The post holder will work across the organisation to support the development of the corporate vision, the development of strategies for individual directorates and major projects and key areas of business. The Strategy Manager will be responsible for:
• Providing strategic advice to individual directorates and major projects to ensure that the organisation maintains a consistent strategic direction.
• Working alongside the Head of Strategy to ensure effective engagement with the Mayor of London’s office and the Greater London Authority (GLA) on areas of strategic and political interest.
• Working with senior stakeholders to engage on and communicate our vision, aims & progress to promote effective partnership working.
• Working closely with the business planning team to ensure that strategic goals are fully reflected in financial decision making and long term planning documents.
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and experience:
• Experience of supporting and leading the development of strategy in a complex multi-stakeholder and politically sensitive environment.
• A successful track record of working with and delivering outcomes across a broad cross section of external stakeholders.
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of communication and public affairs work and a track record of blending this work with strategy.
•A well-developed understanding of the operational context of highly visible public sector projects.
Skills and Abilities
The Strategy Manager must have excellent communications skills both written and verbally and must have the confidence and ability to deliver spoken presentations to a variety of audiences. You must be able to operate with confidence and personal credibility amongst a range of senior level stakeholders.
To find out more about this post, please download a recruitment pack here. To apply for this position please complete an application pack and submit to email@example.com ahead of the deadline below.
The closing date for this position is Thursday 3rd September 2015 at 12pm Noon
Interviews will be held on Thursday 10th September 2015