Senior Planning Policy Officer
Maternity Cover (10 months)
£45,759 per annum
The London Legacy Development Corporation(LLDC) has been established to promote and deliver physical, social, economic and environmental regeneration in the future Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and its surrounding area, in particular by maximising the legacy of the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and supporting and promoting the aim of convergence.
As the Local Planning Authority for its area the Legacy Corporation is responsible for its Local Plan and Community Infrastructure Levy which form a key part of its strategy to promote and deliver regeneration. We are also responsible for the determination of planning applications and the management of appeals and planning enforcement. We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who can take a lead role in planning policy work including the Local Plan and associated further guidance.
Reporting to the Head of Planning Policy, you will assist in the effective delivery of the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) planning policy function and in particular the preparation of its statutory planning policy and associated guidance documents.
- You will help to oversee and assist in preparing planning policy documents and assessments associated with the Local Plan and associated Supplementary Planning Documents, including any neighbourhood planning activity, and related stakeholder and community consultation.
- You will be able to give high quality advice on a range of planning policy matters.
- You will work with Board and Committee members, and a wide range of stakeholders, including members of the public, to consult on and deliver an effective planning policy framework, supporting regeneration and convergence.
- You will have relevant planning qualifications and membership of an appropriate professional body.
- You will have an excellent knowledge of current planning legislation and planning policy guidance, and a strong track record of policy development, research, and stakeholder and public consultation.
- You will have a good understanding of the policy, social, environmental and economic issues relating to East London and the delivery of the Olympic Park legacy and surrounding areas.
- You will be an enthusiastic, personable and confident communicator and also have a keen eye for detail and excellent knowledge of current planning legislation and planning policy guidance.
If you have the passion, skills and dedication to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about this post, please take a look at the role profile here. To apply for this position, please download and complete an application pack and email your completed application form to: email@example.com ahead of the deadline.
The closing date for this position is Friday 8th May 2015 at 12pm
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 19th May 2015.