Secretariat and Governance Support Officer
£29,693 Per Annum
Permanent contract based in Stratford, East London
Inspired by the vision for the legacy of the Great Exhibition in Kensington, ‘Olympicopolis’ at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (formerly the site of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games) will cement east London’s reputation as an international trailblazer in design and creativity.
The stunning waterside development will create a major new, world class education and cultural district for the UK - bringing together outstanding organisations to showcase exceptional art, dance, history, craft, science, technology and cutting edge design. The Victoria and Albert Museum, University College London (UCL), Sadler’s Wells and the University of the Arts London are founding members of the project, which is backed by the Mayor of London and the Chancellor of the Exchequer, with more high profile national and international partners coming on board.
We are looking for a Secretariat and Governance Support Officer to provide a high level support service to the Programme and Project boards for the Olympicopolis project. We are looking for candidates with relevant administrative or company secretariat experience who will:
• Support Programme and Project boards by making practical arrangements, forward planning agenda items, preparing agendas and the preparing, checking and issuing of accurate minutes.
• Ensure that high quality information is issued to the Boards and provide support with the preparation of reports.
• Support the key Assurance and Programme Management processes such as risk and issue management, change control, reporting.
• Ensure that the governance framework is regularly updated so that governance processes are robust and fit for purpose.
• Follow up on actions from meetings and make sure that all are followed up be designated staff.
Knowledge and Experience
This role would be ideal for someone who has previous experience of working in a busy and demanding administrative or project support role, possibly with a relevant administrative or company secretariat qualification. We would be looking for a candidate who has previous experience of using MS office packages on a daily basis, with previous experience of assisting with the production of detailed and accurate board level reports.
Skills and Abilities
It is very important that the candidates for this post have excellent verbal and written communications skills and have both the confidence and the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. You will need to be well organised and have a flexible attitude with the ability to adapt to a busy and varied work load. You must be able to produce reports of a high quality and also be able to work to agreed deadlines and targets both autonomously and with supervision.
If you think that you demonstrate the above and LLDC’s corporate values; Ambition, Responsibility, Excellence and Collaboration then we look forward to receiving your application.
For more information about the role, please take a look at the full role profile here.
To apply for this position please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the deadline below. Please be advised that we are unable to include any applications that are submitted after the deadline.
To apply for this position please submit the following documentation:
- A copy of your current CV
- A supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining how you meet the person specification for the post. Please use this as an opportunity to highlight your skills, experience and ability and how this is relevant to the person specification for the post.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
- Completed CV cover sheet
The closing date for this position is Wednesday 18th February 2015 at 12pm (Noon)
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 4th March 2015.