£38,503 Per Annum
Permanent contract based in Stratford, East London
Inspired by the vision for the legacy of the Great Exhibition in Kensington, ‘Olympicopolis’ at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (formerly the site of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games) will cement east London’s reputation as an international trailblazer in design and creativity.
The stunning waterside development will create a major new, world class education and cultural district for the UK - bringing together outstanding organisations to showcase exceptional art, dance, history, craft, science, technology and cutting edge design. The Victoria and Albert Museum, University College London (UCL), Sadler’s Wells and the University of the Arts London are members of the project, which is backed by the Mayor of London and the Chancellor of the Exchequer, with more high profile national and international partners due to come on board.
We are looking for an output driven and self motivated Project Manager to work across various work streams to deliver the arts, culture and university district on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. This role will be responsible for:
• Ensuring that projects are delivered safely, on time and within budget to meet organisational and commercial objectives.
• Managing internal and external project meetings; preparation of agendas, meeting papers, and ensuring actions are completed.
• Assist with the preparation of Project documentation including Project Initiation Documents, Business Cases and scope / financial change controls.
• Accurately establish and track the project outcomes, risks & issues and performance measures.
• Pro-actively monitor and maintain project budgets and provide regular and accurate reporting.
• Assist with active contract management particularly in relation to variations, budget and programme.
Knowledge and Experience
To apply for this role you must be educated to degree level or hold a relevant professional qualification in project or programme management. You must be able to demonstrate an involvement in the delivery of large scale complex projects in a high profile, stakeholder environment. As a successful project manager, you will also have had past experience of working with consultants to support the delivery of a project.
Skills and Abilities
We are looking for a professional, proactive and motivated project manager who has the ability to successful manage simultaneous projects across multiple work streams. This is fast paced and dynamic environment and you must have the ability to work to agreed deadlines with limited supervision and react flexibly to change. As a substantial part of this role is the preparation of documentation we would be looking for someone who has a high level of MS Office skills including Word, Excel and Power Point and have used online finance and project management reporting tools.
To find out more about this role, please take a look at the full role profile here.
To apply for this position please submit the following documentation:
- A copy of your current CV
- A supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining how you meet the person specification for the post. Please use this as an opportunity to highlight your skills, experience and ability and how this is relevant to the person specification for the post.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
- Completed CV cover sheet
The closing date for this position is Friday 20th February 2015 at 12pm (noon).
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 10th March 2015.