Project Leader – Stratford Waterfront
Salary Band 7 £70,491 with incremental pay scale - £86,156 per annum + attractive benefits
Permanent contract based in Stratford, East London
Inspired by the vision for the legacy of the Great Exhibition in Kensington, ‘Olympicopolis’ at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (formerly the site of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games) will cement east London’s reputation as an international trailblazer in design, academia and creativity.
The stunning waterside development will create a major new, world class university and cultural district for the UK - bringing together outstanding organisations to showcase exceptional art, dance, history, craft, technology and cutting edge design. The Victoria and Albert Museum, Sadler’s Wells and the University of the Arts London are Partners of the project, which is backed by the Mayor of London and the Chancellor of the Exchequer, with more high profile national and international partners coming on board.
The Project Leader will lead and manage the delivery of the Stratford Waterfront project in addition to providing senior level support to the Executive Director of Development. As the Project Leader, you will be expected to manage and supervise a small team of Development and Project Managers, supported by external consultants and provide them with visible leadership and motivation in addition to:
- Procuring and managing consultants to support the delivery of the project and ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Managing the master planning and design to support outline planning applications.
- Consulting legal agreements with the Partners.
- Prepare and present project documentation and business cases for submission to the appropriate decision making forums.
- Define and lead on project outputs, outcomes, risks and issues and performance measures ensuring a clear link to the Organisations’ business plan and wider objectives.
- Maintain the budgetary responsibility for the project spend.
Knowledge and Experience
To apply for this role you must have a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline, or experience in the development sector with significant, demonstrable experience with the delivery of major complex development projects. It is essential that you have a strong understanding of the funding mechanisms, are highly numerate and have strong experience in structuring agreements with the market. Experience of delivering significant and complex projects will be an advantage. You must demonstrate that you have a track record of successfully negotiating contracts with development partners, commercial organisations and promoting successful partnerships.
Skills and Abilities
We are looking for someone with exceptional project management skills and the ability to influence and negotiate within a commercial environment. You must be able to quickly establish rapport and credibility with other senior managers, staff and key stakeholders and utilise your exceptional verbal, presentation and written skills in doing so. It will be essential that you are a strong team player and can motivate team members.
The Project Leader will need to be self starting, highly motivated and independent and be able to set themselves challenging but achievable objectives and will demonstrate a high level of personal and professional credibility.
For a more in-depth look into this role please take a look at the full role profile. To apply for this position please submit the following documentation:
- A copy of your current CV (not more than 4 sides of A4)
- A supporting statement (not more than 2 sides of A4) outlining how you meet the person specification for the post in the role profile
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
- Completed CV cover sheet
Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this position is Tuesday 3rd February 2015 at 12pm
Interviews will be held on week commencing 10th February 2015