6 Month Fixed Term Contract
£55,543 per annum + benefits package
The purpose of London Legacy Development Corporation is to create a lasting legacy from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Part of this vision is the ‘Olympicopolis’ project which is inspired by the legacy of the Great Exhibition in Kensington. This development will cement east London’s reputation as an international trailblazer in design and creativity and a promoter of high quality urban and architectural design.
The stunning waterside development will create a major new, world class cultural and university district for the UK - bringing together outstanding organisations to showcase exceptional art, dance, history, craft, science, technology and cutting edge design. Sadler’s Wells, the Smithsonian Institution, the University of the Arts London, University College London (UCL) and the Victoria and Albert Museum, are members of the project, which is backed by the Mayor of London and the Chancellor of the Exchequer, with more high profile national and international partners due to come on board.
LLDC promotes high quality urban and architectural design both within the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and in the existing communities that surround it, to create a well connected and distinctive new area of East London. Sustainability and inclusivity are integral to all of the work LLDC engages in.
We are looking for a talented individual to provide senior level support to the Head of Design. The Principal Designer will provide a key role as a design client. This includes providing architecture and urban design advice throughout project lifecycle on aspects of the Olympicopolis and design support to LLDC’s own real estate projects within the Olympic Park – including East Wick and Sweetwater.
You are likely to be working with internal directorates, external partner organisations and developer design teams on a daily basis. Exceptional stakeholder management skills are required and experience of dealing with complex organisations within a political environment is an advantage.
You will have solid project management experience and are able to deal with competing priorities and projects that need to be planned and delivered.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a rounded built environment professional who is looking for a new challenge working on some of the most exciting and varied projects in London.
Knowledge and Experience
- Post graduate degree and professional qualification in architecture.
- Demonstrable understanding of architecture and urban design.
- Successful track record of leading on the delivery of built projects specifically housing developments. Experience delivering large scale public buildings expected
- Understanding of planning policy and processes, with experience of design review panels an advantage
- Evidence of leading clients through brief and design development process
Skills and Abilities
- An exceptional designer with good understanding of project feasibility and delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and competing demands simultaneously.
- A visible leader with the ability to actively manage, motivate and engage staff.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to influence individuals at all levels throughout the organisation.
For more information about this role, please take a look at the Recruitment Pack here.
To apply for this post please submit an application form ahead of the deadline below.
The closing date for this position is 12pm (Noon) 14th September 2015
Interviews are anticipated for Wednesday 23rd September 2015