£29,693 Per Annum
Permanent contract based in Stratford, East London
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park – a exciting destination with a selection of spectacular locations for outdoor events and iconic venues – will form the spectacular setting for five new neighbourhoods, offering thousands of new homes, creating new connections, and generating jobs and growth for local communities.
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park will also become home to the Victoria and Albert Museum, University College London (UCL), Sadler’s Wells and the University of the Arts London. Inspired by the vision for the legacy of the Great Exhibition in Kensington, ‘Olympicopolis’ at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (formerly the site of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games) will cement east London’s reputation as an international trailblazer in design and creativity with a major new, world class education and cultural district for the UK - bringing together outstanding organisations to showcase exceptional art, dance, history, craft, science, technology and cutting edge design.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Project Executive to be part of a small Planning Team within the larger Real Estate directorate and support the implementation and delivery of a range of planning projects by:
• Supporting the delivery of LLDC’s development projects through the preparation nd submission of a range of planning applications.
• Assist with the coordination and communication of statutory consultations for planning applications and planning policy documents.
• Assist in the preparation of reports, strategies and recommendations for a range of development projects.
• Monitor and report on how projects are performing against project priorities, LLDC corporate objectives and programme and strategic priorities.
Knowledge and Experience
To apply for this role you must have a Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as town planning, surveying, environmental science or geography. We are looking for someone with good knowledge and experience of planning applications for a range of projects. The candidate must have up-to-date knowledge of town planning processes, policy and legislation.
Skills and Abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential in this role as you will be required to engage with internal and external stakeholders; including the Local Planning Authority, statutory consultees, local community and general public. We are looking for someone who can be organised while maintaining a flexible attitude.
The successful candidate will have good project management skills and be able to meet deadlines. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills with ability to produce and present data in a various high quality business formats. Although you will be working as part of a team, you must also be able to demonstrate the ability to work autonomously when required. As a supporting role, it is essential that the successful candidate has good Microsoft office skills including word and advanced excel skills.
For more information about this post, please take a look at the full role profile here.
If you are a delivery focused individual with commitment, enthusiasm and a determination to succeed then we look forward to receiving your application.
To apply for this position please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the deadline below. Please be advised that we are unable to include any applications that are submitted after the deadline.
To apply for this position please submit the following documentation:
- A copy of your current CV
- A supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining how you meet the person specification for the post. Please use this as an opportunity to highlight your skills, experience and ability and how this is relevant to the person specification for the post.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
- Completed CV cover sheet
The closing date for this position is Monday 9th March 2015 at 12pm (Noon)