Planning Development Manager
£38,503 per Annum
Permanent contract based in Stratford, East London
We are looking for an experienced town planner with a successful track record of working in development management. This post will work on a diverse caseload of applications, enforcement cases and appeals as well as:
- Evaluate proposals at the pre-application stage and provide advice on planning processes and planning policy compliance.
- Manage, assess, evaluate and process planning applications, appeals and planning enforcement cases.
- Negotiate scheme amendments and mediate between different planning interests to ensure good quality planning and policy compliant outcomes.
- Attend and present reports and briefings to the LLDC planning committee and attend other LLDC meetings, panels and working groups.
- Manage public consultation on planning proposals and applications.
- Prepare appropriate planning conditions and s.106 legal agreements.
- Contribute to the continuing improvement of development management processes and procedures.
Knowledge and Experience
To apply for this role you must be degree educated with an appropriate qualification in town planning or similar with experience of working within the profession. You must be able to demonstrate past experience and knowledge of all aspects of the statutory planning processes. Suitable candidates will have experience of working in development management and assessing planning applications and preparing reports for senior colleagues and planning committees. The post holder will be required to carry out stakeholder engagement and public consultation so all applicants should have experience of working in partnerships with statutory and non-statutory organisations and elected representatives.
Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision and using their own initiative. We are looking for someone who is able to work in collaboration in effective partnerships within a multidisciplinary working environment. You must be able to critically evaluate a varied caseload of planning applications and provide proactive advice.
To find out more about this job, please download the full role profile here. To apply for this position you will need to download and submit an application form ahead of the deadline below. Please use this an opportunity to highlight how your experience, skills and abilities are relevant to this job using the role profile to assist. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com.
The closing date for this recruitment is Thursday 5th February at 12pm (noon). Please note that we are unable to accept any late applications.
Interviews will take place on Friday 13th February 2015.