Olympic Waterways Project Manager – Jointly commissioned by Canal & River Trust (CRT) and London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC)
£38,503 per annum
2 years contract based at LLDC offices in Stratford, East London and CRT offices in Docklands
Formed in April 2012, the London Legacy Development Corporation’s purpose is to use the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of the London 2012 Games and the creation of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (QEOP) to develop a dynamic new heart for east London, creating opportunities for local people and driving innovation and growth in London and the UK.
The Canal & River Trust is the guardian of 2,000 miles of historic waterways across England and Wales and is the owner of the majority of the canals and rivers which thread through and beside Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. The vision is “Living waterways transform places and enriches lives.”
LLDC and CRT have closely aligned aspirations for the waterways within QEOP. They can play a prominent role in helping to define the character of the QEOP’s new neighbourhoods, enhancing biodiversity, extending recreational opportunities and providing a long-term role for the movement of people, goods, and materials. Working together we have jointly produced the publication ‘Olympic Legacy Waterways Framework’ which sets out key aims and objectives in relation to the infrastructure and use of the waterways over the next 20 years.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual for an exciting Project Manager opportunity. Somebody who can proactively and effectively work with sports clubs, commercial businesses, local community groups and other stakeholders to bring benefit to the millions of Park visitors each year.
Key accountabilities for this post will be to:
• Act as champion for the Olympic Waterway Legacy Framework, its promotion and engagement with key stakeholders and delivery.
• Act as a liaison for both CRT and LLDC on issues relating to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park waterways.
• Promote new business boating opportunities and to establish contracts with third party operators.
• Represent both LLDC and CRT in discussions with third parties with an interest in the waterways.
• Lead on the development and implementation of a long term mooring and management plan.
• Promote and support volunteer engagement schemes to deliver improvements to the local waterway network.
The successful applicant will be expected to divide their time between LLDC and CRT offices.
Knowledge and Experience
To apply for this role you must have a relevant degree or equivalent experience in a similar role. We are looking for someone who has demonstrable experience both in a leadership role and also of project implementation and management. Previous experience of working on a waterways project would also be advantageous.
Skills and Abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential for this post as you will be required to develop partnerships and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders. To be successful in this post it will be beneficial to have knowledge and experience of estate management. We are looking for someone with a flexible attitude who will be able to adapt and thrive in an environment where the workload is busy and varied. The successful candidate will have solid financial knowledge and the ability to maintain and manage budgets.
To find out more about this role, please download a recruitment pack here.
To apply for this position please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the deadline below. Please be advised that we are unable to include any applications that are submitted after the deadline.
To apply for this position please submit the following documentation:
• A copy of your current CV
• A supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining how you meet the person specification for the post. Please use this as an opportunity to highlight your skills, experience and ability and how this is relevant to the person specification for the post.
• A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
• Completed CV cover sheet.
The closing date for this position is Friday 19th June 2015 at 12pm Noon.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 30th June 2015
We are recruiting for this post in partnership with the Canal and River Trust.