Head of Design
£70,491 per annum with incremental pay progression to £86,156
Permanent contract based in Stratford, East London
We are looking for a Head of Design to work within our Real Estate and Development Directorate to ensure that we achieve the highest standards in the quality of the architecture, urban design, masterplanning and sustainability across Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and neighbouring areas.
The Head of Design will report to the Executive Director of Development and will:
- Work pro-actively and collaboratively with other directorates and teams to ensure that design quality is paramount in all projects.
- Produce high quality design briefs and proposals and feasibility design studies.
- Manage and maintain a strategic overview of project development and delivery for capital works and the budgets associated with these projects.
- Select and appoint designers, technical consultants and other advisors to ensure that all design deliverables are of the high quality that we require.
- Provide urban and architectural design advice and guidance to both internal and external parties.
Knowledge and Experience
We are looking for a talented and creative individual with a post graduate degree/qualification in architecture, landscape architecture or urban design who also possesses extensive experience and a deep conceptual knowledge of this area of work. The post holder will need to have a strong record of successfully leading on major masterplanning programmes and projects with strong experience of translating high level strategies into practical solutions. You will have gained your experience in both the private and public sectors and have the ability and experience in brokering collaborative working relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
Skills and Abilities
In this role we are looking for someone who is able to provide effective leadership and has the ability to articulate the key priorities of the organisation into tangible outcomes. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to negotiate and influence decisions.
If you are an experienced, high level architecture or urban design professional with commercial awareness and a creative and analytical approach to spatial and social issues, we look forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about this role, please take a look at the full role profile here.
To apply for this post please submit the following documentation:
- A copy of your current CV
- A supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining how you meet the person specification for the post. Please use this as an opportunity to highlight your skills, experience and ability and how this is relevant to the person specification for the post.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
- Completed CV cover sheet
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com. Please not that we are unable to accept any late applications.
The closing date for this position is Monday 9th February 2015 at 12pm (noon)
Interviews will be held w/c 16th February 2015