Salary Circa £64,000 - £74,000 per annum + attractive benefits
We have an opportunity within our Finance and Corporate Services Directorate for a Financial Controller.
Key accountabilities of the role:
- Oversee the day to day financial management of the organisation, including the preparation of timely financial information, providing advice and guidance and maintaining and developing robust and fit-for-purpose financial systems and processes.
- Provide line management and direction to the allocated staff and functions in order to ensure effective day-to-day operational and financial management.
- A qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent)
- Public sector or similar technical accounting expertise
- You will have the ability to generate innovative solutions to varied and unique accounting issues and effectively communicate advice.
- With your overview of finance you’ll be responsible for ensuring robust systems are in place and fully adopted at every level within the organisation.
- You will appreciate a working environment that focuses on constant improvement, personal ownership, professional development.
- Confident and self-motivated.
- Your outstanding interpersonal and communication skills mean you will be able to liaise effectively with all levels of management and other businesses.
- You’ll enjoy contributing to and participating in the team.
- You will have proven experience in analysing complex issues and making decisions in a timely fashion, balancing priorities effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
How to apply
For more information about this role please download the role profile here. To apply for this position please complete an application pack and return to email@example.com.
The closing date for this position is 12 noon on Wednesday 9 July 2014
Interviews will be held on 15 July 2014