£34,691 per annum
Permanent contract based in Stratford, East London
Formed in April 2012, the London Legacy Development Corporation’s purpose is to use the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of the London 2012 Games and the creation of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to develop a dynamic new heart for east London, creating opportunities for local people and driving innovation and growth in London and the UK.
The Legacy Corporation is responsible for delivering one of the most important Olympic legacy promises made in the original London 2012 Games bid. This pledge concerns the physical legacy of the Games – the long-term planning, development, management and maintenance of the Park and its impact on the surrounding area after the London 2012 Games. We are a Mayoral Development Corporation and therefore directly accountable to Londoners through the Mayor of London.
Reporting to the Deputy Financial Controller, the Financial Accountant is a key member of the London Legacy Development Corporation ("LLDC") Finance Team, providing financial support services to both LLDC and its joint venture E20 Stadium LLP ("E20LLP").
The post holder will support the Deputy Financial Controller with daily activities including the preparation of timely financial information and developing, operating and maintaining finance processes.
The post holder will work closely with other members of the Finance Tea, and both internal and external partners to ensure effective delivery of the allocated programme of work and responsibilities.
The Financial Accountant will:
• Support period end closure activities including the preparation of monthly management reports and statutory annual accounts for both LLDC and E20 LLP.
• Prepare monthly journal entries including revenue accruals, prepayments and expense accruals for both LLDC and E20 LLP.
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for both LLDC and E20 LLP.
• Working closely with the LLDC Human Resources team and outsourced payroll provider, prepare the monthly payroll analysis and associated journal reconciliations.
• Prepare monthly payments of employer payroll deductions to London Pensions Fund Authority.
• Prepare monthly data returns to key external stakeholders including; Department for Communities and Local Government, the Greater London Authority and London Pensions Fund Authority.
• Work alongside the Finance Business Partners to provide support in the provision of financial processes and information to the wider business.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of finance related policies and procedures, including the LLDC Finance intranet site.
• Support the processing of accounts payable and receivable transactions as required.
• Provide additional support and ad hoc financial analysis and support as required.
Knowledge and Experience
To apply for this role you must be degree educated or hold a relevant professional qualification and be fully or part CIPFA, ACA or ACCA qualified. You must be able to demonstrate that you possess a reasonable knowledge of technical accounting and that you have had experience of working with transactional processes and of using accounting and finance systems.
Skills and Abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in this role as the post holder will need to be able to present and explain information clearly to both financial and non-financial staff. Strong analytical, numeric and critical reasoning skills are essential in this role, as is the ability to be able to provide innovative yet practical solutions to sometimes complex problems. This is a busy and faced paced environment so we are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic team player who can effectively prioritise competing demands and is motivated to drive the team to a higher level of performance within the wider organisational context.
For more information about the role please download a copy of the job pack here.
If you think that you meet the requirements for this exciting and challenging role and are able to demonstrate LLDC’s core values of Ambition, Responsibility, Excellence and Collaboration, then we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this position please complete an application pack and submit to email@example.com ahead of the deadline.
The closing date for this position is Monday 2nd November 2015 at 12pm (Noon)
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 10th November 2015