Director of Development
Salary Band 8 £95,369 with incremental pay scale - £116,562 per annum + attractive benefits
Permanent contract based in Stratford, East London
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park – a sensational destination with a selection of spectacular locations for outdoor events and iconic venues – will form the spectacular setting for five new neighborhoods, and for a higher education and cultural district, offering thousands of new homes, creating new connections, and generating jobs and growth for local communities. London Legacy Development Corporation’s mission is to use the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of the London 2012 Games and the creation of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to develop a dynamic new heart for east London, creating opportunities for local people and driving innovation and growth in London and the UK. If you share our ambition and are interested in an exciting opportunity, come and work with us.
The Director of Development will provide direction and management to the Development team through the provision of advice and leadership on the delivery of LLDC’s development projects and programmes. The Director will also be required to advise the Executive Director of Development and support the Executive Investment Committee and Board on development issues within the QEOP and wider LLDC areas. Leading on the delivery of a portfolio of land and property development you will:
• From the feasibility stage, ensure the delivery of major development projects to deliver viable, vibrant and sustainable mixed use districts.
• Lead on the development strategy to bring forward the next phases of residential development, considering supply and general market conditions.
• Direct, identify and promote project proposals that are aligned with the Corporation’s strategic regeneration and development objectives.
• Lead and mange the development team and embed commercial acumen within the wider team whilst supporting their growth and career development prospects.
• Engage with the wider commercial development market and adjoining partners to manage and built important stakeholder relationships.
Knowledge and Experience
We are looking for a talented chartered professional with a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline with extensive experience in the management of large and complex property development and infrastructure projects from inception through to completion. You must have a strong understanding of property development, financial analysis and funding mechanisms with a track record of successfully negotiating contracts with development partners and commercial organisations.
Skills and Abilities
Exceptional demonstrable, presentation and written skills are paramount in this role and the post holder must possess effective commercial negotiation and influencing skills. We are looking for an individual with high level project management skills, who is pro-active, self motivated and able to operate effectively in a complex multi stakeholder environment. With string analytical, numeric and critical reasoning skills you will be capable of solving problems effectively and be able to cope with a high degree of ambiguity and change.
For more information about this role please take a look at the role profile here.
To apply for this position please submit the following documentation:
• A copy of your current CV
• A supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining how you meet the person specification for the post.
• A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
• Completed CV cover sheet
Please submit completed applications to email@example.com ahead of the deadline
The closing date for this position is Friday 20th February 2015 at 12pm (noon).
Interviews will be held on w/c 2nd March 2015.