£38,888 per annum plus excellent benefits
The purpose of London Legacy Development Corporation is to create a lasting legacy from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Part of this vision is the ‘Olympicopolis’ project which is inspired by the legacy of the Great Exhibition in Kensington. This development will cement east London’s reputation as an international trailblazer in design and creativity and a promoter of high quality urban and architectural design.
The stunning waterside development will create a major new, world class cultural and university district for the UK - bringing together outstanding organisations to showcase exceptional art, dance, history, craft, science, technology and cutting edge design. Sadler’s Wells, the Smithsonian Institution, the University of the Arts London, University College London (UCL) and the Victoria and Albert Museum, are members of the project, which is backed by the Mayor of London and the Chancellor of the Exchequer, with more high profile national and international partners due to come on board.
We are looking for a talented and creative Urban Designer to work within our Real Estate function to provide capital project support to the Head of Design and the wider team. This role is responsible for producing high quality design proposals, design guidance and feasibility design studies to ensure that high quality design is secured throughout the Olympicopolis project.
A major part of this role will involve the proactive management of consultants and stakeholders and ensuring that allocated project budgets are managed effectively. You will also be required to provide valuable contributions to high quality reports, briefings and feasibility studies and also provide comments on reports prepared by others.
Knowledge and Experience
• Relevant degree and/or qualification (e.g RIBA) in Architecture/Urban Design or equivalent relevant experiential learning.
• Working knowledge of European and national legislation with an understanding of public sector procurement processes.
• Professional experience of both architecture and urban design with a diverse portfolio of projects. Experience of housing, masterplanning and cultural projects are an advantage.
• Demonstrable experience of successfully implementing design projects through their complete lifecycle i.e RIBA Stages 0-7.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent free hand and computer draught/modelling skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read drawings/technical building information and understand their implications for a project/design and make considered recommendations.
For more information about this role and what it is like to work for London Legacy Development Corporation please download a copy of the recruitment pack here.
To apply for this position please complete an application pack and submit to email@example.com ahead of the deadline below.
The closing date for this position is 12pm on Friday 7th August 2015
Interviews will be held on Thursday 13th August 2015