Year out Student Placement - Design Assistant
£24,654 per Annum plus excellent benefits
12 month fixed term contract
Are you a recent urban design/architecture graduate with an interest in the regeneration of East London with a passion for creating new urban neighbourhoods?
Our purpose is to create a lasting legacy from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The London Legacy Development Corporation's vision is to create a unique and inspiring place for events, leisure, sport and culture, a hub for enterprise and innovation and diverse sustainable communities built around family housing with a range of affordability. LLDC promotes high quality urban and architectural design both within the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and in existing communities that surround it, to create a well connected and distinctive new area of East London. Sustainability and inclusivity are integral to all of the work LLDC engages in.
The Design Team are looking for a talented individual to provide support in a creative and challenging directorate. The individual will assist with high quality architectural and urban design proposals relating to a range of projects led by the Legacy Corporation and also assist with:
- The preparation of design briefs
- The production of drawings and diagrams and desk-top published documents
- Technical drawings and layouts
- Material for exhibitions and public consultation
- Research and preparation of studies and on site projects
Knowledge and Experience
- Architecture/Urban Design/Landscape Design degree with RIBA part 1 or equivalent
- Experience of producing accurate, structures and well written reports, digitally produced design drawings, analytical diagrams and guidelines
- Some experience in practice (post RIBA Part 1 or equivalent)
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient with IT skills, including Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, In-Design and Photoshop), MS Office, and 2D/3D CAD (preferably Microstation)
- Excellent free hand and computer draughting/modelling skills
- Excellent mapping skills
- Competency in producing urban spatial analyses
- Highly numerate with the ability to organise and prioritise workload
To find out more about this post and working for LLDC, please download a copy of the recruitment pack here.
To apply for this position please download an application pack and email your completed submission to email@example.com ahead of the deadline below.
The closing date for this position is Thursday 23rd July 2015 at 12pm Noon.
Interviews will be held on 3rd/4th August 2015