Salary Band 5 £45,306 with incremental pay scale - £55,374 per annum + attractive benefits
We are currently seeking a Deputy Financial Controller. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Stratford, East London.
Key accountabilities of the role:
- Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will assist in delivering and overseeing robust financial processes and controls.
- Managing the day to day activities of the financial services team, including the preparation of timely financial information, providing advice and guidance to the wider finance function and the business.
- Supporting the Financial Controller in the preparation of the annual report and accounts for LLDC and its joint ventures.
- Qualified accountant (i.e. CCAB) with relevant post-qualification experience.
- A high level of technical accounting knowledge and skills.
- Have a good understanding of IFRS and, ideally, the CIPFA Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting
- Good understanding and practical experience of VAT, and other areas of tax, including (but not limited to) employment tax and corporation tax.
- Proven experience of contributing to the preparation of statutory accounts and dealing with auditors.
- A track record of successfully developing and improving financial controls and financial reporting
- Experience of working with and influencing a wide range of delivery partners, internal and external senior stakeholders.
To find out more about this post please take a look at the full role profile here. To apply for this position please complete an application form and submit to email@example.com ahead of the deadline below.
The closing date for this position is 12 noon on Monday 19 January 2015
Interviews will be held on Friday 30th January 2015