Salary Band 2 £29,693 with incremental pay scale - £36,291 per annum + attractive benefits
We are currently seeking an Accounts Assistant for a full-time, permanent position based in Stratford, East London.
Key accountabilities of the role:
- Reporting to the Deputy Financial Controller the Accounts Assistant is a key member of the finance team.
- The post holder will manage the day to day activities of the financial services team and play a key role in ensuring excellent financial controls are monitored and managed.
- Part AAT or CCAB qualified (or equivalent).
- Extensive experience with transactional processes.
- Extensive experience of using Microsoft Excel and financial accounting systems.
- Thorough, meticulous and with a high degree of attention to detail. Numerate and logical and able to maintain appropriate audit trails and backup.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain information clearly to non-finance staff.
- Understand the essence and purpose of governance control systems including separation of duties policy and audit trail.
- Have an appreciation of the CIPFA Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting.
To find out more about this position please see the full role profile here. To apply for the post please complete and submit an application form ahead of the closing date below to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is Monday 19th January at 12pm. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th January 2015.