The movable community garden is located on the corner of Temple Mills Lane and Honour Lea Avenue on Chobham Manor, near Chobham Academy. The garden forms one of our community-led interim use projects and will be open until October 2017.
Following this, a permanent community facility will be built on the Chobham Manor site and the intention is for the mobile garden to move to a new location on the Park.
The aim of the Mobile Garden City is:
- To create a welcoming, beautiful and movable public garden
- Demonstrate the ability to create productive and vibrant community spaces on meanwhile sites
- Provide food growing, socialising, events and training opportunities for the whole community.
Mobile Garden City was developed from an original concept and design ideas by Public Works and Somewhere. Mobile Garden City is delivered by Groundwork London for Our Parklife and LLDC, with supporting partner Pro Bike Service.
Mobile Garden City Gardening Activities
Come and enjoy a range of free garden activities and workshops at any of the following times, every week, to enjoy the garden, put questions to our community gardeners and discover how else you can get involved? Download this month's activities timetable by clicking on the link below.
Summer Opening hours
- Monday: 1 - 3pm (community gardener in attendance)
- Wednesday: 5 - 7pm (community gardener in attendance)
- Fridays: 1 - 2.30pm (community gardener in attendance)
- Tuesday, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays: 10am - 5pm (note: self gardening, no community gardener in attendance, but a task list will be on site for guidance)
Gardening activities are suitable for all ages and levels of experience. Please wear closed-toe shoes and sensible clothes that you don't mind getting mucky. All equipment and tools are provided.
For more information or to reserve your place at a session, please contact Emily.Morshuis@groundwork.org.uk. These times may be subject to change and new activities will be added.
How to get involved
Ways to get involved with the garden include:
- Helping to build and create the space
- Growing your own food there
- Enjoying the space for communal eating at our outdoor banqueting table
- Undertaking accredited horticulture training
- Participating in workshops, volunteer days and organised activities
- Opportunities for regular and ad hoc/one off volunteering
- Opportunities to shape the garden’s programme of events and how it is run
- Simply sitting and relax in it!
For any questions or enquiries, including requests for specific times you would like the garden to be open, or activities you would like carried out at the garden, please contact at Emily Morshuis at Emily.Morshuis@groundwork.org.uk or on 020 8510 5416.
Mobile Garden City: Project Opportunities
We have an exciting opportunity for new or existing projects to be based temporarily at the Mobile Garden City.
If you are interested in having your project on the site please return this form to Emily.Morshuis@groundwork.org.uk.