Mobile Garden City is currently closed for the winter. In spring 2018, the garden will be moving to an exciting new location near the Copper Box Arena.
Watch this space for more information - coming soon!
The aim of the Mobile Garden City is:
- To create a welcoming, beautiful and movable public garden
- Demonstrate the ability to create productive and vibrant community spaces on meanwhile sites
- Provide food growing, socialising, events and training opportunities for the whole community.
Mobile Garden City was developed from an original concept and design ideas by Public Works and Somewhere. Mobile Garden City is delivered by Groundwork London for Our Parklife and LLDC, with supporting partner Pro Bike Service.
How to get involved
Ways to get involved with the garden include:
- Helping to build and create the space
- Growing your own food there
- Enjoying the space for communal eating at our outdoor banqueting table
- Undertaking accredited horticulture training
- Participating in workshops, volunteer days and organised activities
- Opportunities for regular and ad hoc/one off volunteering
- Opportunities to shape the garden’s programme of events and how it is run
- Simply sitting and relax in it!
For any questions or enquiries, including requests for specific times you would like the garden to be open, or activities you would like carried out at the garden, please contact at Emily Morshuis at Emily.Morshuis@groundwork.org.uk or on 020 8510 5416.
Mobile Garden City: Project Opportunities
We have an exciting opportunity for new or existing projects to be based temporarily at the Mobile Garden City.
If you are interested in having your project on the site please return this form to Emily.Morshuis@groundwork.org.uk.