One of the ways we do this is as planning authority for an area covering the Park and parts of Newham, Hackney, Waltham Forest and Tower Hamlets. Our Local Plan sets out the principles will apply to planning decisions in this area. As a Local Planning Authority we have a duty to prepare a Local Plan that sets out the principles which will apply to planning decisions in the Legacy Corporation area.
The Publication version of the Local Plan was consulted upon between 18 August and 6 October 2014. This is the version we propose to submit to the Secretary of State for independent examination. For further details, including a full list of consultation responses, please see the Publication Local Plan section below.
Once adopted in spring 2015, it will provide strategic guidance for all the developments in the area, and will form part of decisions about planning applications in the area until 2031.
The Local Plan includes:
- An outline of the key issues facing the area
- Our vision for how the area should look in 2031
- Strategic policies setting the direction of future growth in the area, and covering issues like housing and transport
- Detailed policies used in deciding planning applications, such as design and affordable housing requirements
- ‘Place-based policies’ which describe how key locations are expected to change over time, divided into four sub areas: Hackney Wick and Fish Island, North Stratford and Eton Manor, Central Stratford and the south of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, and Pudding Mill, Bromley-by-Bow and Mill Meads
- Details of how we will implement these policies.
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) sets out the government's planning policies and how these are expected to be applied, whereas the London Plan sets out an integrated economic, environmental, transport and social framework for the development of London over the next 20 - 25 years. Together, these documents form part of the Development Plan for the Legacy Corporation Area. Until our Local Plan is formally adopted, the development plans prepared by Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest will continue to be used alongside the NPPF and the London Plan when making planning decisions. For these documents, see links to the Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest planning webpages.
Publication Local Plan
Consultation was undertaken on the Publication Local Plan between 18 August and 6 October 2014. We believe this version of the Local Plan is ‘sound’ meeting all the legal and procedural requirements. Representations on legal compliance, soundness and the duty-to-cooperate are invited in accordance with the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations, 2012. This consultation is now closed.
A copy of the Plan and the documents that accompanied it during the consultation are available below:
- Publication Local Plan, 2014
- Proposals Map
- Consultation Report, 2014
- Due to an administration error, additional information for Appendix 11 uploaded in separate document.
- Copies of the consultation responses received during the consultation are available view at our offices by appointment.
Sustainability Appraisal non-technical summary, full report, and appendices:
- A - PPP Review
- B - Baseline Data
- C - Changes to Local Plan
- D - Vision and objectives options appraisal
- E - Policies options appraisal
- F - Sustainability Appraisal Policies
- G - Sub Areas
- H - Alternative Sub Areas and Site Allocations
Combined Policy Viability Study, 2014
Equalities Impact Assessment, 2014
Statement of Representations Procedure
Consultation Response Form and guidance note
Consultation Response Form and guidance note (PDF version)
Equal Opportunities Form
Equal Opportunities Form (PDF version)
The Local Plan evidence base is available below.
An online, Flash version of the Local Plan is also available here.
Following the close of this consultation, the Legacy Corporation intends to submit the Local Plan and all supporting documentation to the Secretary of State for independent examination. When available, further details of the examination will be shown on this website.
You can contact the Planning Policy Team in the following ways:
London Legacy Development Corporation,
Level 10, 1 Stratford Place,
Telephone: 020 3288 1800.
For previous versions of the Plan and earlier versions of supporting documentation please see below.