The Legacy Corporation Local Plan was adopted in 2015 and is the statutory Local Plan for the area. To ensure that it remains up-to-date, the Legacy Corporation has initiated the formal process of reviewing the Local Plan to respond to new evidence that is being prepared on key matters, as well as the changes that have occurred at local, London and national level.
Review of the Legacy Corporation Local Plan – Consultation on the Scope of the Review
The Regulation 18 Consultation on the scope of the changes to the Local Plan is now closed. The consultation period ran from 6th November 2017 to the end of June 2018. In addition, the Legacy Corporation also carried out a Call for Sites consultation in order that it can take all potential sites and opportunities into account in reviewing its Local Plan.
We are currently preparing the Draft Revised Local Plan. Once this draft revised Local Plan has been agreed by the Legacy Corporation Board a minimum six week period of public consultation (Regulation 19) will take place providing a formal opportunity for the community and other stakeholders to express their support or identify any part of the proposed changes of the Plan that they consider do not meet the required tests set out in the National Planning Policy Framework that require plans to be prepared in accordance with legal and procedural requirements and are ‘sound’. The Regulation 19 Consultation is anticipated for autumn 2018. The proposed indicative timetable for reviewing and preparing the Local Plan is outlined below.
A key element of the Local Plan review process is ensuring that the evidence on which its development strategy and policies are based is supported by robust and up to date evidence.
The following evidence studies have been completed and can be viewed or download using the links below:
- Population Report: Profile & Forecasts (March 2018)
- Open Space and Playspace Assessment Report (March 2018)
- Combined Economy Study Part A(i) - Employment Land Review (March 2018)
- Combined Economy Study Part A (ii) - Business Survey (March 2018)
- Combined Economy Study Part B – Creative & Cultural Opportunities Assessment (March 2018)
- Combined Economy Study Part C – Retail & Town Centre Needs Assessment (March 2018)
- Housing Requirements Study (March 2018)
- Transport Study (June 2018)
- Consultation on Scope of Changes - November 2017 – January 2017
- Developing Changes and Continuous Engagement - January – June 2018
- Publication Stage Revised Local Plan Consultation - September – October 2018
- Submission of Revised Local Plan for Examination - December 2018
- Examination of the Revised Local Plan (including Public Hearings) - January – May 2019
- Modifications Consultation (if required) - July - August
- Inspectors Final Report Received - October 2019
- Adoption of the Revised Local Plan - November 2019
Should you wish to speak to a member of the Planning Policy Team about the Review of the Legacy Corporation Local Plan, then please contact us by email - firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone - 020 3288 1800
Statement of Community Involvement
The Legacy Corporation regularly consults with local people and organisations during the determination of planning applications and in the preparation of local planning policy documents which affect the area around the Park.
Details of how the Legacy Corporation engages with the local community and other key stakeholders is laid out in the Statement of Community Involvement which can be viewed and/or downloaded below:
Local Development Scheme (LDS)
Planning authorities are required to prepare a Local Development Scheme to set out its plans and timescales for preparing and reviewing its Local Plan. The Local Plan was adopted in July 2015 and the process of reviewing it will begin during 2017. The current LDS sets out the broad timescales for the review process and anticipates that this will result in the adoption of a revised Local Plan towards the end of 2019.
A copy of the current LDS can be viewed and/or downloaded below:
If you or your organisation would like to be included in future planning policy consultations, you can request that your details are added to the consultation list by completing and returning the form below to us. You can also use this form to amend or request that your details (or those of your organisation) are removed from the list:
- Policy Consultations - Contact Details Form (PDF version)
- Policy Consultations - Contact Details Form (Word version)
The completed form can be returned by email or post:
by email: email@example.com; or
London Legacy Development Corporation,
1 Stratford Place,