The Legacy Corporation has a legal duty, as the Local Planning Authority for its area, to prepare and adopt a Local Plan for its area and once this has been adopted, to monitor its performance and over time review it.
The Local Plan was adopted by the Legacy Corporation Board on 21 July 2015 following an Examination held by an independent Planning Inspector. It is now the formal Local Plan for the Legacy Corporation area and has taken the place of the borough Core Strategies and Area Action Plans which previously performed this role.
The Local Plan and its accompanying Policies Map, together with the Local Plan Adoption Statement and other associated documents, can viewed and/or downloaded using the links below:
- Legacy Development Corporation Local Plan 2015-2031, adopted July 2015 - Please Note - This document may take some time to open and/or download on older computers or slow internet connections. A copy of the plan split into sections is available below.
- Local Plan Policies Map
- Local Plan Adoption Statement
- SA Adoption Statement
- Inspector's Report
Local Plan Sections:
- The Legacy Corporation's Local Plan (July 2015) - Part One
- The Legacy Corporation's Local Plan (July 2015) - Part Two
- The Legacy Corporation's Local Plan (July 2015) - Part Three
- The Legacy Corporation's Local Plan (July 2015) - Part Four
- The Legacy Corporation's Local Plan (July 2015) - Part Five
- The Legacy Corporation's Local Plan (July 2015) - Part Six
- The Legacy Corporation's Local Plan (July 2015) - Part Seven
- The Legacy Corporation's Local Plan (July 2015) - Part Eight
- The Legacy Corporation's Local Plan (July 2015) - Part Nine
- The Legacy Corporation's Local Plan (July 2015) - Part Ten
The Local Plan includes:
- An outline of the key issues facing the area.
- Our vision for how the area should look in 2031.
- Strategic policies setting the direction of future growth in the area, and covering issues like housing and transport.
- Detailed policies used in deciding planning applications, such as design and affordable housing requirements.
- ‘Place-based policies’ which describe how key locations are expected to change over time, divided into four sub areas: Hackney Wick and Fish Island, North Stratford and Eton Manor, Central Stratford and the south of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, and Pudding Mill, Bromley-by-Bow and Mill Meads.
- Details of how we will implement these policies.
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) sets out the government's planning policies and how these are expected to be applied, whereas the London Plan sets out an integrated economic, environmental, transport and social framework for the development of London over the next 20 - 25 years. Together, these documents form part of the Development Plan for the Legacy Corporation Area.
How to obtain copies of the Local Plan & Policies Map
Copies of the Local Plan and Policies Map are available for inspection at the Legacy Corporation's Office at:
1 Stratford Place,
For Local residents, local community groups and local businesses one copy of the Local Plan (including Policies Map) can be requested free of charge.
In all other circumstances there will be a charge of £25.00 plus £6.00 postage and packaging. A copy of the Policies Map only can be obtained for £5.00 (This includes postage and packaging). Payment will be required by cheque in advance.
To request a copy of the Local Plan please complete the appropriate sections of the Local Plan & Policies Map Request Form (links provided below) and where relevant enclose payment.
Local Plan & Policies Map Request Form (Word Version)
Local Plan & Policies Map Request Form (PDF Version)
Copies of the Local Plan can also be collected in person upon provision of the form and any relevant payment.
Examination of the Legacy Corporation Local Plan
Before being adopted, the Local Plan was examined by an independent Planning Inspector. The Local Plan Examination Archive Page includes the documents that form the Local Plan Evidence Base and all other documents that formed part of the Examination process.
Earlier material that formed a part of the Local Plan process can be found at the Local Plan Publication Stage Consultation Archive. This includes all the information from the Publication stage consultation in the summer of 2014.
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
Information about the Legacy Corporation's Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), along with details of the Mayor of London’s CIL can be found on the CIL page.
Planning Authority Monitoring Report
The Planning Authority Monitoring Report sets out progress towards key Local Plan milestones, information on permitted and completed developments along with details of Community Infrastructure Levy schemes and receipts within the monitoring period.
The most recent report provides information for the year from 1 October 2014 to 31 December 2015 and is available to view and/or download, along with previous reports, on the Planning Monitoring page.
Local Development Scheme (LDS)
Planning authorities are required to prepare a Local Development Scheme to set out its plans and timescales for preparing and reviewing its Local Plan. The current LDS was first published in 2012 and revised in 2014, and a copy can be viewed and/or downloaded below:
As both the Local Plan and Community Infrastructure Levy charging schedule have been adopted during 2015, the LDS will be revised in the near future to outline the future programme for formal reviews of each. The timing of these reviews will depend partly on the results of the monitoring carried out and reported in the Planning Authority Monitoring Report. It is currently expected that a review of the Local Plan will take place beginning in the year 2018/19.