1) Make waves in the world’s most iconic pool. The London Aquatics Centre is open daily for public use with a range of sessions, from diving to lane swimming, for everyone to enjoy! It’s not every day you have the opportunity to swim in the lanes of heroic athletes like Michael Phelps, Ellie Simmonds and Adam Peaty!
2) Escape the hustle and bustle of London and take to the skies at the ArcelorMittal Orbit. Venture to the top of the UK’s tallest sculpture where stunning skyline views across the capital awaits. After entering through the exhibition and enjoying the art, interactive touchscreens and panoramic views – why not take on the world’s longest tunnel Slide? With 12 loops weaving in between the structure, a corkscrew section towards the end propels you to the ground as you reach speeds of up to 15 mph during the 41 second hair-raising Slide!
3) The Park is a landscape full of opportunities to discover something new! Across the hundreds of acres of Parklands, there are plenty of unique sights and sounds to take in, therefore we have created five free trails for you to download and enjoy at your own pace – the perfect Half Term activity. There’s something for everyone – choose from:
· London 2012 trail
· Children’s Adventure in the Park trail
· Art trail
· Parkland and Wildlife trail
· Discover the Park
4) Get up close and personal with the rivers and wetlands in the north of the Park. At this time of the year, we wouldn’t be surprised if you spot ducklings, cygnets, coots and kingfishers as the Park has sprung to life. Located conveniently by Timber Lodge Café, you can grab a coffee and relax! The Wetlands are a great place to see the Park from a completely different angle, with plenty of spots for relaxing, bird watching and escaping from the manic London life!
5) The Lee Valley VeloPark is full of adrenaline, for kids and adults alike. Especially now the spring season has arrived, you’ll be spoilt for choice between the opportunities indoor and outdoor. You could cycle in the tracks of Sir Chris Hoy and Dame Sarah Storey on the iconic 42 degree velodrome track, or you can embrace the crisp spring air on the outdoor loop road track. Or you could even fulfil your craving for adventure on the BMX or Mountain biking track!
May Half Term
The May Half Term break is just around the corner! From 26 May – 3 June, local schools will be celebrating a week of freedom before the last stretch before summer begins. What better way to burn off all the energy than a trip to London’s most exciting Park. Check back soon for our exhilarating May Half Term programme.