It’s definitely not too late to plan for activities with your mum! Make sure you take advantage of the longer daylight hours and the warmer weather on the Park, where we’re thriving with social, energetic activities and beautiful parklands. We aren’t short of inspiration to surprise and delight your deserving mother, so here are 5 great ideas to treat her to something unusual this year:
- Whether your mum is a natural daredevil or needs an extra push to take on London’s most hair-raising experience, you can book now to ride the world’s longest and tallest tunnel Slide this weekend! The ArcelorMittal Orbit is located in the heart of the Park, and whether you opt in for general entry or a ticket to Ride The Slide, you will gain access to one of London’s greatest viewing platforms. The spectacular skyline view allows you to see London like never before, 80 metres up in the air! You can play around with the concave mirrors, test each other’s London knowledge on the interactive touchscreens and enjoy each other’s company while starring over the 8 million heads of London.
- Why buy flowers when you can see numerous different types at the Park? Our trails and gardens will take you past different regions of world flowers. From Asia to the Great British Garden, you can work your way around the Park and take lots of beautiful pictures. Spring is a particularly great time to take on the Parklands and Wildlife trail, taking you past the highlights of the Park’s most treasured naturistic spots, including vantage points for birdwatching, the best locations to see animals and the many species of flower that you’ll stumble across (also listed in the trail guide).
- Don’t be fooled, the Park is full of adventure and activity, so we have plenty of options for you to refuel and relax with our many delicious bars and eateries. We have cafes to cater for the coffee and cake addicts, bars (with great happy hour deals) to celebrate the cheerful occasion and restaurants to indulge in multiple world cuisines. With several venues spread across the Park, Canalside at Here East, East Village and Hackney Wick, you’ll be spoilt for choice, so take a look at our food and drink page for more inspiration!
- Whilst there is a lot to celebrate on Mothering Sunday, you can extend the love and treat your mum to a pair of tickets to one of our many upcoming events. Our huge summer of entertainment see’s three of the world’s biggest music icons descending upon London Stadium in June! Kicking off with the band who last week celebrated the release of their new album, Depeche Mode will take to the stage before Guns N’ Roses takeover for two nights of high energy nostalgia. Finally, there are still limited tickets left to see many-a-mum’s favourite, Robbie Williams in his Heavy Entertainment Show! Also, the world’s greatest athletes return to London Stadium this summer in the World Para Athletics Championships and the IAAF World Championships this summer. So, if you know your mother is dying to relive 2012, then grab your tickets before they’re gone!
- Why settle for the traditional gifts? Choose adrenaline and have a go at track cycling at Lee Valley VeloPark! The iconic venue saw the likes of Laura Kenny and Sir Chris Hoy storm to victory in the London 2012 Olympic Games and now you can seize the chance to follow their footsteps (or tyre marks) around the electrifying 250m track! Buy your gift voucher, redeem any time over the following year and pedal your way to the top of Mothering Sunday memories.